Sunday, July 17, 2011

This is not the end

I have a personal philosophy that goodbyes do not mean the end.  In fact, I try not to say "goodbye" but I prefer rather, "see ya later".  The future is uncertain and therefore we shouldn't limit ourselves to a definitive closure. And so, with this post, I say "Thank you and see you later Paris" on the basis that one day I might come back.  No promises, no timetables, no guarantees, just an open mind and an open slate onto where I go next.

As for this blog, it has been a joy to write and update it during my one month stay in Paris.  The success and the reception to which I have received to this blog was quite unexpected to say the least.  I usually write for myself if anything, but for once, I believe I had a steady and receptive audience.  I want to say thank you for your attention and time, whether you were regulars here or just dropped by here and there.  It was my earnest hope that I was able to share a little bit of Paris with you, directly or indirectly, through this blog.

People have been asking whether I will continue to post or update on food once I return to the states and to be honest, I'm not quite sure.  It has crossed my mind several times and it seems like it would be a great joy to do.  I have always been and will continue to be a food junkie.  Since this blog specifically was meant to chronicle my food expeditions in Paris, I might leave it as is and open a new blog.  But again, no promises, timetables, and guarantees.  Only time will tell, but if there is one thing I can end with, it is that this is not the end.

Merci Beaucoup!

2 comments:

  1. I like. Have a fun safe trip

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally finished reading all your posts, and I am sad that there are no more to read now :( GREAT JOB BLOGGER!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete